Friday, June 10, 2011

SAB launches "How to be a good drunk" program

Well it's not called that, but it's basically the same thing:
Twenty-five-year-old Sibusiso Chapi is one of 100 Umlazi men to participate in an R8-million project aimed at teaching men to behave better after a few drinks.

Chapi heard about the Tavern Intervention Programme for Men, known as TIP, at his favourite drinking hole, popular Umlazi tavern Max's Lifestyle.

The programme, led by SA Breweries in partnership with Men for Development in South Africa, includes workshops over six weeks to change men's beliefs and their behaviour towards women and children, to create awareness of HIV/Aids and to promote drinking responsibly.

Chapi yesterday said he wanted to change.

"I tend to become forgetful after a few drinks and end up giving my belongings to people I do not know. Just last week, I gave away my phone. I want to be responsible." (from Timeslive) (Too drunk to even know that someone stole his phone.... oh dear)

No comments: