Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cop accuses boss of smoking dagga

A traffic officer has claimed his boss is a foul-mouthed and dagga-smoking bully.

The Cape Town cop admits he smoked dagga during a departmental function just so that he could curry favour with his superior.

But now the officer has come clean to the Daily Voice and wants to expose the drug abuse in an offical enquiry.

In a statement the officer, who works at the Hillstar Traffic Department, says his boss - whose
identity is known to the Daily Voice - is called "The Daggakop Skollie" (The Pothead Gangster) by colleagues.

The statement reads: "While at Langebaan last year in November, we were four traffic officers and two chief inspectors and I then noticed the Inspector preparing two 10cm long dagga cigarettes.

"The zol was passed around amongst us and out of the six officers, five smoked."

He says he felt pressured to go on on the trip and feared victimisation if he didn't.

"Initially I didn't want to go on this trip but the chief inspector warned us that if we didn't go 'we won't be in his plans'," says the officer.

"I was scared he would relocate me or victimise me like he had done with other officers.

"I regret that I participated in smoking dagga. I wanted to fit in and I needed the protection."

The officer says he will only reveal his identity at an official enquiry.

He also claims his superior uses profanity in meetings.

City Safety and Security Executive Director Richard Bosman confirms the matter is being investigated.

"We are treating the case seriously and if there is evidence that will prove misconduct, action in the form of a hearing will be taken against all the parties involved," he says. - Daily Mail

No comments: